Most real estate transactions are made with the involvement of 3rd party agents, which imposes additional fees on both buyers and sellers. These costs amount to roughly 6% of the real estate value! Our Client decided to change that and save money for buyers and sellers by creating a direct connection between them.
When ThreeLeaf approached us, they needed help building a few APIs as services for their mobile app for real estate agencies. The frontend part of the application was already done, and they needed some help with the backend side and integrations.
The goal of the project was to create a search engine and communication API. The engine would enable users to search properties not only by locations but also by the attributes of these locations, while the Communication API would handle messaging between users and campaign messaging via multiple channels. The API was supposed to enable direct communication between the buyer and the seller of a real estate in the form of a chat. API needed to enable sending different types of messages and some user actions might trigger sending additional messages to the chat stream.
The additional part of the scope included building a Core API which included simple user management, managing real estate, and favorite properties list.
When ThreeLeaf Creative contacted Neoteric, they were planning to publish a mobile application for real estate posting with the capabilities of direct live chat between users. The desired result was to lower the additional agent-related costs and simplify the communication between buyers and sellers. Here is how we approached it:
1. Authentication and authorization. Users needed to log in to their accounts in order to have access to their resources. It was not possible to use 3rd party tools such as Amazon Cognito as it would disturb the user’s flow by redirecting them out of the application.
2. Smooth communication flow between users of different roles. We needed to make conversations easy to follow for the customers and easy to manage for the consultants. The application needed to be fast, reliable, and to handle different types of conversations in different ways.
3. Reducing the time spent on agent-related tasks. The Core API required a set of features, including adding, editing or removing properties, automation triggered by specific actions (e.g. removing a property), and integrations with third-party services.
1. Microservices architecture. In order to make the application scalable and easy to maintain, we decided to divide it into microservices. That way, updating the existing features or adding the new ones does not require changing the whole application. What’s more, new microservices can be created with new technologies and smoothly communicate with the old ones.
2. Building a custom solution for authentication and authorization. Even though it was possible to use some 3rd party solution such as Amazon Cognito, it would disturb user flow by running the authentication outside of the application. With the custom solution, the user stays in the app during the whole process.
3. Quality Assurance to provide the best user experience for the end users. Our QA team made sure that the whole customer journey inside the app is smooth and easy, and that it stays in-line with the requirements.
1. Users of the application got a convenient system for searching real estate properties by key parameters of the location (even if they don’t know where that location is).
2. Thanks to eliminating 3rd party agents from the process, users of the application, both buyers and sellers of real estates, are able to save the cost of fees that can typically get to about 6% of the real estate value.
3. Working with GraphQL, we created a typed API and implemented a unified way of filtering. Thanks to these solutions, the app “knows” what data it will receive and is able to filter that data with different fields of a chosen model – which boosts the app’s efficiency and makes it easier to develop by any future team.
I’m most impressed by the ease of use and quality of the end product they built. Neoteric delivered a user-friendly, modern, and high-quality end product. In addition to the caliber of their development team, their project management skills are also excellent.
They met all expected deadlines and we’re so happy with their work that we don’t intend on working with anyone else in the future.
|Patrick Kemp, ThreeLeaf||src: clutch.co|